Friday, January 18, 2008

Gotta Love Those Brits...

Perhaps it's my Scottish roots, I don't know, but I've become obsessed with television programs from the United Kingdom. Of late, I've become addicted to Coupling, a British sitcom about six friends that is described as across between Friends, Seinfield, and Sex in the City; Monarch of the Glen, a Scottish drama/comedy about a modern day family in the Highlands trying to save their family castle; Ballykiss Angel, a drama/comedy about an English priest who is assigned to a small Irish village with all its quirky inhabitants; and Hotel Babylon, a drama/comedy about the management and staff at a 5-star London hotel. And with the inexpensive convenience of Netflix, I'm able to watch them all commercial-free and without paying for BBC America on cable! Life is good....



Seems I'm about to add to my list, thanks to Pat in Texas, who just sent me this You Tube video from Man Stroke Woman, a comedy sketch show from England.

"Man Cold"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

And apparently they believe in equality when it comes to making fun of both sexes...
"Wedding Cake"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimiDBAK2wA&feature=related

Yes, I've already put the first season of "Man Stroke Woman" in my Netflix queue...

No comments: