Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sunday Spinnin'

Ahhhh, the joys of the off-season. Per coach's instructions, I've been off the bike for about a month, and am just now getting back in the saddle.
Over the weekend, I took two easy spins, and Sunday, I simply explored some bike paths in Boulder; they're abundant here.
I rode from home to the Boulder Creek Path, and took it to Eben Fine Park.
There's a sculpture garden at the beginning of the park.



At the end of the park, I stopped on a bridge to take some shots of Boulder Creek.



On the way back, I took this shot of a painting on a wall along the path under a bridge.

Training to race is fun and challenging, and definitely keeps me focused.
But there's something to be said for just riding to, well, feel the ride.
Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Denise said...

"Absence really does make the heart grow fonder......" obviously, you were referring to me.:-)