Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Big Brothers

I asked Pete, my dad's best friend, to walk me down the aisle at our wedding. 
This might have surprised some people.
After all, I could have asked Bill, my oldest brother, to do it.
 I could have even asked both of my big brothers to do it.
But they're my brothers. 
While it felt completely right to ask Pete, there came a point that I wondered if I'd possibly hurt my family by not asking my brothers.
I called Bill and Jim, one at a time, and told them that I'd asked Pete.
And they were both so supportive. And said they completely approved.
After all, they're my brothers, they said. Not our dad.
I don't know what I'd do without them.
They are really, really good men...sons...husbands...fathers...brothers.
 I'm quite certain my dad would approve.

No comments: