Friday, May 9, 2014

100 Days Project -- Day 41

Man Cold



Bob had shoulder surgery just over a week ago -- they had to clean out some arthritis, shave off some bone spur, and while they were in there, they found that they had to reattach part of his bicep. He had a similar surgery 5 years ago on his right shoulder, but the rotator cuff on that side was messed up, so that surgery was a lot more serious, and the recovery was a lot longer.

On our way home from dinner tonight, I mentioned that, were it me who had the surgery, he'd know all the time that I was in pain...yet I barely know he's got discomfort. He said, "Well, that's because I'm a man," and before I realized how it would sound, I responded, "Yah, but you don't have to be a man with me." All joking aside, seriously....I barely know he's in pain until I see the bruising and the incisions, or catch him wincing silently when he accidentally moves the wrong way.

I then joked that it's be a lot different if he had a "man cold." And he didn't know what I was talking about. So I had to show him this when we got home.

If this was new to you, too, you really need to search "Man Stroke Woman" on YouTube...always good for a laugh.



No comments: