Friday, May 30, 2014

100 Days Project -- Day 62

I'll Have the Combo, Please!

I know it's really old-fashioned, but my Netflix subscription is still for DVDs. I get two at a time, and if I stopped adding movies to my queue right now, I'm pretty sure I'd still be receiving DVDs in, oh, 2016. Seriously. There's a lot of movies in my queue.

So many, in fact, that I rarely know what's coming next; it's kind of like Christmas every time one of those red envelopes shows up, as I don't know what movie (or show or documentary) it is until I open it.

Most of the time, I'll get a few DVDs in a row that are similar in content or theme because, when I put them in the queue MONTHS ago, I really wanted to watch, say, documentaries on Scotland...or movies that Matt Damon is in...or the entire third season of "Big Love."

This week, though, two with no immediately apparent similarities arrived:





A documentary about three ultra marathon runners who ran across the Sahara desert. And a children's cartoon about a boy and his dragon.

I really don't have any explanation for why those both went into the queue at the same time. Was it "Hmmmm...I feel like watching movies about things that are fire-hot!" or "I want to watch movies about things that are completely implausible." Unlikely.

Whatever I was after, they both were good. And Matt Damon narrated the Sahara one, if that counts for anything.

No comments: