Sunday, May 18, 2014

100 Days Project -- Day 50

Back in the Kitchen

School's out. Well, kind of. My grades aren't submitted yet because I haven't finished grading some papers and one set of finals. But graduation is over. Spring classes are over. And, though I have a busy summer ahead of me with plenty of work, things will slow down a little. And best of all, my schedule becomes much more flexible than it is during the regular semester. I love that.

I hope to get back into the kitchen a bit. Lucky for me, Bob loves to cook, so he's been doing all the heavy lifting the past few months. I like to cook, too, though, so hope to start taking on my fair share. That started today at dinner, and apparently, I'm easing in, as Bob made steak tacos, while I prepped some of the taco fixin's, and made a Radish Salad with Avocado Dressing.



It's a recipe from the April issue of "Cooking Light," and turned out pretty well. If you wanna give 'er a try, here's the 411:

RADISH SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING

Place 1/2 cup diced avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce in a blender; blend until smooth. Combine 1 cup sliced radishes, 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes, and 5 ounces mixed greens; drizzle with dressing. Top with 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.
Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
Calories 80; Fat 6.7g; Sodium 121mg

Here's to a bountiful summer!

No comments: