Thursday, June 19, 2014

100 Days Project -- Day 80

Fortuitous

Just got home from class. Teaching again through Saturday, and then we'll finish up next Thursday and Friday. I'm tired, but want to stick with my 100 Days Project, so thought I'd do a quick post for a documentary I watched yesterday.
It won an Oscar, in 1993, and it wasn't because it's a feel-good movie. It's definitely not. But it is an important movie. It documents one year at an elementary school in Philadelphia, and tells the story of the children, the principal, and the state of education there. I searched on YouTube for a trailer to post here, but could only find the entire movie. Which I'm not posting.

Another trailer did pop up, though, for this documentary.
It's now in my Netflix queue. It was released in theaters in October 2013, and follows two African American boys and their families in New York, focusing on their education. For 12 years. It's not been released yet in dvd, so is in the "Saved" portion of my queue. Can't wait to see it. 

No comments: