Friday, June 20, 2014

100 Days Project -- Day 81

Hilarious. Period.

I've mentioned in previous entries that I teach a course on middle childhood development, which covers the ages 6 to 12. So, of course, we discuss puberty...and all the fun things that come with it. 

Thanks to a Facebook post by a friend back in Tennessee, Meredith Devereaux, I was introduced today to a couple video clips I will definitely be using as conversation-starters in that class in the Fall. They're from this website.
Their homepage describes their services best: "Your first period. Your last period. And all the weird stuff that happens in between. Our one-of-a-kind care packages can get your through anything." And at the top of the page, "Special delivery for your __________. Whatever you call it, we can help you take care of it," and various nicknames rotate through the blank space ("hoo-ha," "Crimson tide," "lady bits"...you get the idea). 

The videos are advertisements for "Starter-Kits" for girls. 
The first ad: Camp Gyno
The latest ad: First Moon Party
I am genuinely curious what my students will have to say about them. 


No comments: