Wednesday, July 30, 2014

B-S-M Reunion Finale

So Friday arrived. Our last full day in Eagle. 
After breakfast at the motel, Bob, Steve, Tami, and I drove out to area where Marie lives -- she'd shown it to us the day before. There are wonderful bike and running paths with great views out there, so I ran, Bob rode his bike, and Steve and Tami did some hiking. We parked on this road, and I kinda liked the road sign.
 We then had a late. leisurely, and delicious lunch at the Grand Avenue Grille. 
If you frequent Facebook, you might have seen my posts that day with the following two pics.
In this one, Bob had somehow managed to get his hands on my Fresh Watermelon Margarita before I did, and when I grabbed my iPhone and told Carol to take a picture with him, she planted a big-juicy-cousin-kiss on him. 
 I also posted this picture of 8-year-old Madeline, 10-year-old Jane, and 10-year-old Karen. And I took the picture right after Jane told this story about a trip to the beach:
"I found a live clam, and I named him Jimmy.
My dad ate Jimmy live, and then later, my dad pooped Jimmy out."
Now that's a good beach story.
 After lunch, we rushed back to the motel to shower and change for the grand finale of the reunion:
the wedding reception of Marie and Mason.
 It was in this community hall in the housing development that Marie lives in,
and it was lovely. In April, she and Mason eloped to Monterey,
and they threw this party so all of us could celebrate with them -- and have a mini-reunion.
 All of the family pitched in to help in various ways, and Johnny, Christian, Bob, and Steve took charge
of all the barbecuing.
 A friend of Marie's -- Heidi -- arranged all the flowers for the tables.
 Bob helped in the kitchen, too,
 prepping a lot of veggies for the grill, such as this pan 'o 'shrooms.
 Steve and Bob engaged in some friendly rivalry over the bbqs.
 And Bob got distracted a few times.
 The setting was so beautiful. We thought there might be some evening thunderstorms like there'd been the night before, but they never transpired. Just great views.
 And, of course, lots of visiting.



 And there was even some first-aid, as Madeline got a splinter,
 and ER-nurse-mom, Carol, gave her some lovin' care.
 The beautiful bride, Marie, made the visiting rounds, too.
 Johnny hung for a bit with Aunt Pat.
 And Marie's new beau, Mason, got to know the family better.
 It was so cool that, even after not seeing each other for probably 30 years or so, all the West Coast and East Coast cousins picked up like they'd never been apart. Priceless.
 There was also a very exciting pinata -- an adventure for the kids and the adults -- and I captured a lot of that on video. Which, of course, I've yet to load onto the computer. At some point I will. Honest.
 Aunt Pat and her beautiful daughters.
 Congratulations on your marriage, Marie and Mason, and all the best to you both!
Thank you for throwing such a wonderful party and mini-reunion...I truly had no idea Bob had even MORE family that I'd love so much!

No comments: